Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Snow Bunny

I am Freezing! I was made fun of at the begining of the week for bringing gloves and a head warmer. Now I think I could barter them off and make out with a lot of money. I never thought I would say this but... I miss Missouri weather.

It is so amazing that a group of 23 people can travel to a different continent and encounter the same God that we encounter at home. We have attended two church services since we have been in Lima and each time i have been brought to my knees. We may not be able to speak to one another but God hears us all the same. WOW!

I am so humbled by the Peruvian culture. I have never been around a group of people that exuded the fruits of the spirit as much as they do here. God has showed me countless times that pure joy is contagious and patience is in deed a viture. When we pulled up to do eyecare this morning in Lomas, Peru at 9:30am there were already 20 people lined up inside the community shelter since 6am to recieve eye care. Some of those same people didn't get seen until 4pm or later today. Not once did I hear someone complain (I couldn't understand them), or see them throw a fit because the line was ridiculous. They waited patiently and quietly until it was their turn.

It is hard to put into words the things I have seen and how I have encountered God. Just know that our God is an Awesome God. He's plans our greater than our plans and his plans for us are far greater than we can ever imagine. Life in Peru is so diffrent from life in America. We are a blessed nation and a blessed community. I yearn and desire to be as contagious and loving as the children and people of Peru.

I praise God for this experince and pray that he continues to move mountians in our lives here in Peru and when we get back home.

Kent...I miss you. Thank you Gary and Janelle. Mom, you would want to move here.
P.S. Guinea Pig is terrifing. Don't eat it.

1 comment:

Mom/Janelle said...

Hey, Snow Bobbie!!! You're going to love the 90 degrees you're coming home to. You probably cried for those guinea pigs, didn't you? I can't wait to hear about the trip and all the stories you'll share. Keep that encouraging spirit going, its your gift. Safe travels home. See you Sunday! YY Janelle