Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A note from Ben

Hey everybody. First of all I just want to say that God is way bigger than our little minds can even imagine. Down here in Peru I am surrounded by people from Gateway who love Jesus and are living that out. There are also five interpreters from Peru who are living God's calling on their lives and serving us and others. I also see people all the way down here in South America praising and worshipping the same God that you and I worship. God is huge. Even though there is a language barrier, the Holy Spirit does not know one language. It is really neat to connect with people on a total spiritual level. We have been visiting children at an orphanage and they are so happy even though, by American standards they have nothing. Contentment has a whole new meaning to me now. This trip has already changed my life, and it is only halfway over! I am excited for the second half, but I don't want it to end. Keep it real.

-Ben Malick

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Hi Ben! I was so excited to see that you wrote on here! It makes my heart happy to hear that God is working in your life. It sounds like you guys have had a really neat trip so far. I think about you guys all throughout the day and I'm constantly praying for you. I can't wait to hear your stories and hear what God is doing in your life. I miss you!

Susan Stiles said...

Hey Ben, It is awesome to know how much you are experiencing God in Peru. I am hearing amazing stories and it sounds like a lot of fun. I even hear you are learning some new skills! I think it is truly amazing to hear you see that we have so much here in this country and do not even know it. Simplicity is truly one of the best disciplines to get closer to God and learn to completely trust and depend on Him. I really wish I was there to share in your experiences and those of the team. Remember to follow Him and do the work of His mission as you love on those kids! Love you, Mom