Monday, June 11, 2007

Missing Man

It's 10:30 and we lost one of our coworkers..... He was in the ocean. We found him safe.... a bit in trouble. Back to the blog....

Today I broke out windows, chisled some sort of Peruvian caulk and watched 23 people work harder than I have ever seen anyone work while having a complete blast. We ate sandwiches...one piece of cheese and one piece of meat.... except for Ray, who ate three pieces and was asked to leave. Tomorrow I get to act in a skit and nail him to the cross. He deserves it.

I am the last blogger, and even though I never thought I would blog, it has been fun. I have enjoyed the company of my roomates, the great conversations at dinner and the practice of seat belt safety with 52 people, 110 suitcases on a bus that holds 30....in case we get stopped by the police. Seems that you can burn open fires, live in a cardboard box, eat Guinea Pigs for lunch, but you must wear seatbelts on a 50 year old bus with no windshield wipers, bald tires and a driver who listens to the radio so loud that it drowns out the the Hail Mary's and prayers from all of the passengers as we roll down a mountain in complete darkness in a Peruvian rainstorm... it was sprinkling.

God has blessed us.

Dave Beckloff

No comments: