Thursday, June 14, 2007

read with caution

Hola, this trip has been amazing to say the least. I will admit that I, Mandy Tipton was almost a complete basketcase last Saturday. I did not want to get on that plane and fly for 3 hours just to sit in another airport for 5 more. Then off to catch an even bigger gynormous plane (and stay on it for 6 MORE hours) that would begin one of the best weeks of my life. I will say though there are lots of things I have learned while visting for such a short time. One being I don't care how close to the equator you are, its freezing in Peru in Junio. A long sleeve shirt and a windbreaker will not cut it. Nor will one pair of jeans that are two sizes too big and are continuously splattered with paint and grout. Oh and it is really really hard to make Mike Stiles mad, but if you happen to go swimming in the pacific ocean at 1030 pm alone, you might just do it. Made for an interesting hunt at least. Some things I have learned while in Peru include the following: if the shower water is a smidge above room temperature, get in, it won't last for long; and if it happens to be scalding, get in, its better than freezing. Don't drink the water--your stomach will hurt, you know what, you stomach will hurt whether you drink it or not. Peru sure is an interesting place, I have had to continuously take my auga bottle into the bathroom to brush your teeth, awkward to say the least. Also, I have never been somewhere where you can use the restroom and have time for a 15 minute nap before you can flush it... Guinea pig tastes like chewy chicken and purple corn juice in the morning is not yummy. I have made some lifelong friendships and also strengthened existing ones. I will forever be thankful for each person on this trip, for I have shared a laugh with every one. Hope this wasn't too off the wall for you and must get back to the crowd favorite....spades.

Buenos Noches,

Mandy
"Mandito"

1 comment:

Mom/Janelle said...

Please tell me you weren't the "missing man", please! Otherwise, I know your are spreading your contagious personality around and putting a smile and some laughter in those around you. And you said coach wanted you to lose 3 more #'s anyway, mission acomplished, I take it. So good to hear your voice last night and we were with Bub when Emmie called him. Praying for safe travels home for the team and look forward to stories to be shared. Yuh Yow! Mom