Sunday, June 10, 2007

Emily A's First Day

The first day has been more than I could of asked or imagined, which shouldn't surprise me knowing how our God works! Despite a long travel day and short night, today has been amazing. We went to church in Chilca and spent the day with the children from the orphanage. I was a bit nervous about the trip and the Lord has reminded so clearly by the example of others and I Corinthians 2:1-5 that He can use us despite our weaknesses. Some highlights from today include the following: 1) God blessing us with safe travel (no motion sickness, Mom!), 2) The privilege of getting to use Spanish talk about the Lord and love on the orphanage kids! 3) Seeing the orphanage, Hanna's home and the sacrifice that Felix and Erica have made to care for the children. 4) Watching Emily Tipton overcome her germ phobia when a child stuck her dirty, chocolate and baby duck covered hands in her mouth! It's a good story. 5) Hearing a five year old rename Ben as "Mosquito" for bothering her. Another good story! Please pray that we would continue to be safe, be selfless servants and hear from the Lord clearly. Jimmy- I miss you!

8 comments:

Jimmy Armstrong said...

This blog is a great idea. It makes you remember the good stories so you can share more when you get home...I am excited to hear more!

I miss you Emily! I read through all the posts and it brought tears to my eyes. Next time we are both going!

Group - you are being covered in prayer. The whole church prayed for you on Sunday as did our college small group. Enjoy your time!

Jimmy Armstrong said...

Is there a way to put pictures on this website? Can you ask?

Kyle said...

Dearest Emily,
What a privilege to hear of the events of your day! I was teary- eyed while reading! It is so amazing to hear how God uses all of you! What a blessing your Spanish is! I am praising God for the big things...safe travel and the smaller things...no motion sickness!! :) I am so touched (and proud) of your servant heart!

I will look forward to reading the blog each day. I will be praying for you and your Gateway team daily. Thank you for allowing us at home to hear the amazing events that are taking place!

Jimmy is coming to dinner tomorrow. We are looking forward to that. Dad is hoping they might be able to shoot some golf balls after dinner.

Please take care...be safe and know that you are loved more than you can know. Please give give Emily T. a hug and a hello from me.
Love,
Mom XO XO

Child of God said...

Oh, Emy! I am so proud of you for stepping our of your comfort zone to follow the Lord's leading - and I know how hard that can be sometimes! I am also very excited for you and, like Jimmy, can't wait to hear more about your experiences. I know that you are having more of an impact than you are aware of - even with all the blessings you acknowledge. I, too, will be praying for you and your group - may you bring God much glory! Love you, sweetie - Nanie

Peggy said...

Dear Emy,

I just read your blog. What a great idea. What a blessing you are to the children in Peru. I know you will make a big difference in their lives.

I HAD YOU ON MY HEART TODAY!

I asked the Lord to bless you
As I prayed for you today.
To guide you and protect you,
As you go along your way....
His love is always with you.
His promises are true,
And when we give Him all our cares,
You know He will see us through.
So when the road you're traveling on,
Seems difficult at best,
Just remember I'm here praying,
And God will do the rest.

We love you!

Uncle Lee & Aunt Peggy

Jimmy Armstrong said...

Check this out - my awesome wife you

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/148064.html

Jimmy Armstrong said...

Check this out my awesome wife

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/148064.html

Jimmy Armstrong said...

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/148064.html