Friday, June 15, 2007

How do you mend a broken heart

It was the best of times and the worst of times! Today I had to say goodbye to Allison and Cecilia. It was brutal!! I had to be pulled onto the bus by another member of our team. As I got ready to get on the bus Allison fought through the crowd and gave me another huge hug! I am now having to endure the needling and harassment of mean spirited members of our team calling me a crybaby! As we drove away I reflected on the experience and asked God how in less than a week I could fall in love with an 8 year old girl that, due to a language barrier, I can't even have a legitimate conversation. It just occurred to me that everything I saw and loved in her was from God. I realized that by loving on her I was being loved on by God himself! Needless to say.....I'll take the harrassment!

Yesterday we did VBS in Lomas De Marchan. What a great experience! Tons of kids laughing and playing while many parents stood on the sidelines to see what it was all about. As we drove away many of the kids chased our bus down the road. It was a moving experience. It occurred to me that we brought the light of Christ to this village and the kids wanted more of it and were willing to chase after it! What a perfect picture of a genuine encounter with Christ.....when it happens you want more!

So many of my memories revolve around the passage when Jesus said that we must become like the children to enter the kingdom of heaven. So true! These kids love like Christ, they trust, they live all out, and are willing to run after him with reckless abandon!

Much more.....but not tonight!

Scott

No comments: